Monday, September 12, 2016

How Will I Know God's Will For Me?

           I am often asked,  "HOW will I know what God's will for me is???." The "Big Book" of Alcoholics Anonymous says, "...that it is not probable that we are going to be inspired at all times. We might pay for this presumption in all sorts of absurd actions and ideas.  Nevertheless, we find that as time passes our thinking will be more and more on the plane of inspiration  We come to rely on it."  Inspiration is defined as, "the thoughts of God implanted in the mind and soul of man."  Once the thoughts of God hit our souls we do not need to run it by our intellect to know it is indeed the Truth.

          Although we are not yet capable of turning our will and our life over to the care of God in Step Three,  we are capable of making a decision - a final choice - to do so.  Deciding from this day forward we are willing to overturn our thought processes that are propelled by our human instincts in order that they may be ruled only by the will of God - which is received through inspiration. 

          If you have already made that decision, may God bless you and may He keep you. If you have not, perhaps now (this moment, right now) would be the time for you to make it... to turn your thoughts and your behaviors over to the care of God and begin to live a life of peace and a life of pure, unimpeachable joy.

Written by Armand

2 comments:

  1. I was among those who misunderstood Step Three. The entire concept was unthinkable to me. I was living in a land of spiritual make-believe, until I learned that a decision meant a final choice. The word "final" completely changed the meaning of the word "decision." My decisions were always tentative, never anchored to commitment, of no real substance. In Step Three, I finally came to understand that my thought process would always remain spurious and ineffective unless I became willing to relinquish my limited thinking for the unlimited inspiration available by developing a personal relationship with The Power Within me and within each one of us. The work accomplished by incorporating the remaining Steps into my life yielded a detachment from my human nature and an attachment to my divine spirit. That awareness became possible only by incorporating all Twelve Steps into my daily living. Through that process of Recovery, I believe I understand His Will for me. I pray only for the power to carry it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael a complete and absolute surrender of our thought process propelled by our human instinct so that it may be propelled by God through inspiration is what "Gods will for us is."...Thank you...Armand

    ReplyDelete