Monday, July 27, 2015

The Fourth Dimension Of Life

                 In the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous it says "we shall describe some of the states that precede a relapse into drinking, for obviously this is the crux of the problem.  What sort of thinking dominates an alcoholic who repeats time after time the experiment of the first drink.....therefore the main problem of the alcoholic centers in the mind rather than in the body."
                If our thought processes are propelled by the will of God rather than our human instinct then we will not drink and  our character defects cannot manifest themselves in our behavior.  Our character has been perfected as we are now the human being God created us to be.
                In  THE FOURTH DIMENSION OF LIFE  we become a human being that cares about others in a genuine way and wants to help others.  We think of others needs before our own.  In the Big Book of AA it states "our very lives as ex problem drinkers depends upon our constant thoughts of others and how we may help meet their needs."
                We use all the tools of recovery but above all we must turn from our human nature and live in the will of God and by doing so we will live a human life we could have only imagined as we will manifest THE FOURTH DIMENSION OF LIFE.  A life free of the bondage of self.        

2 comments:

  1. The notion of how I want to live is too difficult for my mind to peacefully process. In that context, I make too many decisions, subject myself to too many doubts, and live with too much internal strife. I am not present to my own life and deprive myself of the joy of living we all seek. The question of how I live can only be answered by where I live - which must be in the Fourth Dimension guided by The Power Within me in all ways. For me, living by incorporating The Twelve Steps into my life has relieved me of the constant pressure of dissatisfaction and disturbance. Today I know and trust that I am of far greater use to myself and to all around me by finally living as I was created to live - in His Will. Beyond everything, where I live has simply removed the burdens of how I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael I came to Alcoholics Anonymous as I no longer wanted to drink but found myself unable not to drink. After some years of periods of not drinking I surrendered that to God. Little did I know the life that awaited me. Alcohol brought me to the depths of my human existence. The Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous have brought me to the greatest heights of my human existence. This life is available to every member of Alcoholics Anonymous...Thank you ...Armand

      Delete