Monday, February 9, 2015

An Awakened Life

                          We admitted complete defeat.  We are trusting in God.  We have made a decision for our thought process to be propelled by the will of God.  We have asked God to remove from us anything objectionable.  We have made our amends  We have learned through the program of Alcoholics Anonymous and through life experience to pray and meditate daily  Through the grace of God we are living in God's will in this moment and we are the living example of the power of the program of AA.  This occurs for all in whom the spirit has been awakened.  Once the spirit has been awakened, we are then given the power to help others, not only through our words but more importantly through our behavior.  We are acutely aware that in our quest to help others that we can't possibly give away that which we don't have.
                  As a result of integrating into our lives the program of Alcoholics Anonymous we are given the power to help others and it is a wondrous event to see others live AN AWAKENED LIFE.  We experience a fulfillment in our own lives as we watch them recover to become loving and giving human beings. 

2 comments:

  1. One thing I know for certain, The Spirit has always been within me, it had just been rendered dormant by the pressures of my life. I chose the spirits of alcohol to try to revive my inner spirit but the opposite resulted. In joining AA, I learned that I had to accept my devastating weakness and all its consequences. I had to be humbled first before my spirit could be reawakened. The Twelve Steps presented me with a way of awakening my life through sharing my experience, strength and hope with another suffering alcoholic. Through that spiritual process, I became aware of the presence of The Power within me and my life was literally reborn. As I understand it, this is the essential component in the program of recovery delineated in The Big Book of AA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael A blessing that occurs to an alcoholic who has integrated the actual program of alcoholics Anonymous into their lives is not only a willingness but a loving desire to help others...Great comment...Thanks...Armand

    ReplyDelete