Friday, January 1, 2016

Self - Centeredness

              
When I become angry or resentful, it is in that moment that I manifest my human SELF-CENTEREDNESS.  In the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous it says "that we think is the root of our troubles."  It also goes on to say "It is plain that a life which includes deep resentment leads only to futility and unhappiness.  To the precise point that we permit these do we squander the hours that might have been worthwhile.  But with the alcoholic whose hope is the maintenance and growth of a spiritual experience, this business of resentment is infinitely grave.  We found it fatal!  For when harboring such thoughts we cut ourselves off from the sunlight of the spirit."
           The solution to our alcoholism is a vital spiritual experience.  We must give life to our relationship with God.  We accomplish this by turning from our human nature and living in the will of God.  We receive God's will through inspiration conditioned by prayer and meditation.  We can't possibly be in the will of God when we are manifesting SELF - CENTEREDNESS in our lives , but by sobrogating our human nature to the will of God we cannot possibly manifest the SELF - CENTEREDNESS of our human nature in our behavior.    

Written by Armand
Edited by Caitlin Alexandra 

2 comments:

  1. I know that anger, self-pity, resentments of all sorts represent the darkest darkness of my human nature, the ultimate in self-centered aloneness. That is a perilous way for an alcoholic to live. No amount of resolution or self-will is a match for such an egregious predicament. We are left with only one choice - to turn to The Light In All Things, to abandon myself in exchange for the energy of The Spirit, to accede to The Power Within to guide me to a place of peace. But first, I have to know That Power on a personal and intimate basis. In my experience, that has only been made possible by incorporating The Twelve Steps into my life in a thought-ending, spirit-awakening way. Today I know that the center of myself is not myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael alcohol is but a symptom of the problem. Our true malady is self centered fear. Afraid that we are not going to get what we want, afraid that we are going to lose what we have. Our thought process is the crux of the problem and until that process is propelled by the will of God we will suffer from untreated alcoholism whether we drink or not...Thank you...Armand

    ReplyDelete