Thursday, August 3, 2017

How Will I Know Gods Will For Me

          I am often asked,  "HOW will I know what God's will for me is???." The "Big Book" of Alcoholics Anonymous says, "...that it is not probable that we are going to be inspired at all times. We might pay for this presumption in all sorts of absurd actions and ideas.  Nevertheless, we find that as time passes our thinking will be more and more on the plane of inspiration  We come to rely on it."  Inspiration is defined as, "the thoughts of God implanted in the mind and soul of man."  Once the thoughts of God hit our souls we do not need to run it by our intellect to know it is indeed the Truth.

          Although we are not yet capable of turning our will and our life over to the care of God in Step Three,  we are capable of making a decision - a final choice - to do so.  Deciding from this day forward we are willing to overturn our thought processes that are propelled by our human instincts in order that they may be ruled only by the will of God - which is received through inspiration. 

          If you have already made that decision, may God bless you and may He keep you. If you have not, perhaps now (this moment, right now) would be the time for you to make it... to turn your thoughts and your behaviors over to the care of God and begin to live a life of peace and a life of pure, unimpeachable joy.

Written By  Armand

4 comments:

  1. Your definition of decision - a final choice - was and continues to be a turnaround recognition for me. I've always pondered the question of "how will I know" with self-crnteredness and self-justification clouding and obfuscating any possibility of an answer that I could live with. I had to make the final choice in Step Three to turn my thinking and my subsequent behavior over to the remaining Steps of the program of recovery. In doing that and by incorporating all Twelve Steps into my life until they became the basis for my life, I came to know The Power Within me and within all of us. Once awakened to That Spirit, I began to sense His Will through inspiration, just as you've iterated. It's no longer the question of knowledge of His Will. It is always the question of having the power to carry His Will out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael we alcoholics and addicts are not capable of turning our will and our life over to the care of God but we are capable in Step Three of making the decision to do so. The power to live in the will of God occurs as you say Michael by the implementation of the remaining Steps...Thank you...Armand

    ReplyDelete
  3. The third step prayer changed my life. When my sponsor and I got to the third step in the Big Book I told her I’m not going to say that word – God. But she told me if I wanted to continue with her, and I did because I was desperate, we would read it exactly as it was written in the book. And so, I read it with her. As I said the words -
    God, I offer myself to Thee To build with me & to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy love & Thy way of life.
    I felt release. It was so sweet. I didn’t change in that moment. I just became willing. After years of hopelessness I finally felt hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish thanks for sharing your 3rd Step experience. God Blessed you with His grace...Armand

      Delete